WhAT do you expect from a friend?

What do you expect from anyone you call your friend or bff? Is it time to vent, a call once a month, getting together once a mth? Is ok ok to have expectations or just hope they do the things you like in a friend? my bff and I call each other all the time. I visit her all the time (she lives 30 min away) but she has visited me 3 times in the past 2 1/2 yrs. She always gives me a guilt trip when she asks me to come see her like, oh we miss you and my son is asking for you all the time, she'll even put her 3 yr old on the phone so he can say to come because he misses us. But when I told her the other day, while she was running another guilt trip on me, that I thnk she needs to start visitng me more often she got upset and ignored me for 2 wks. She's a really good friend but I don't get why she can't make the drive to my house but I do. Any way my SO said that I should expect anything from friends and I need to lower my standards

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HAha my best friend is JUST like that! She hid the fact from me that she was planning to up and leave the area (1hr 45min away) from me til 2 months before they were supposed to move. Her husband can't find a job and last I heard they don't have a place to live but she hasn't talked to me in almost a month (which probably means she's NOT moving)...it's so annoying! She wants to be "better" than me and my family which is a waste of her time because I like her how she is and I don't think I'm better than her...but every time her GRAND plan fails she hides for a few months until she can muster up the courage to tell me a lie of why they couldn't...(whatever)...last time her plans failed because her husband was sick (or something like that)....Oh and whenever I invite her and her kids over my house to play she ALWAYS has a headache!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I don't have any expectations of my friends. We all have busy lives with husbands and children so we are lucky to meet up every couple of months. The friends that live closer I see more often but my long distance friends and I try to call and keep each other updated. I think everyone has different expectations of friendship but I think I've got a more laid back idea of it. Even if we don't hang out and talk all the time we all know we are there for each other no matter what:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My "bff" has been blowing me off for the last 2 years. She was dating this a&&hole that would get jealous and mad when I would call or txt her. Then her mom got sick and I'm not the kinda person to just walk away when someone really needs me. Her mom died in dec and I've been trying to keep in touch but when I call she acts like doesn't want to talk to me. She has a new SO and he seems ok, she's moving over an hr away and she wouldn't admit it to me for over 2 months. The ball is in her court now, we'll see howthat goes. I'm tired of being her doormat.
    sherri79

Answer by sherri79 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010