Why wont he poop?

We have been potty training my 20 month old son for a month now. He is doing great with peeing in the potty, he will go every time i put him on it and only has an accident if he drinks too much too fast. I think he is doing awesome! But....he wont poop on the potty at all. He always poops in his underwear. He knows hes pooping and tells me right away. I take him to the bathroom and tell him that poopoo goes in the potty not our underwear then I put it in the toilet (he uses the big potty with a seat on it). Then he acts like its okay as long as it gets in the potty somehow. I'm starting to get very frustrated, I just don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 9:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make him go naked. And put a seat in the play area. Take him every 30 minutes regardless and have him sit and try. When he has that down, up the time to every 45 minutes and so on. He should get it soon.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had to literally my 2 year old. "Mommy has to poop! I'm going to go in the potty! You wanna come try too?" I made it all exciting for him, sat him on his potty while I went, and then of course he had to see my poop in the potty (gross-ish, but hey - he's two. Poop is exciting for him). But it worked - he got the hint that poop goes in the potty, and he started trying to go in there. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010