Pagan Children's Books...

My kids are 4 & 3 and I'm due in Dec with number 3...

What are some good "Pagan" children's books I could buy for and read to them?

I have books of Greek & Roman Myth for Children & one for Norse Myths on the way as well... But I'm looking for others that aren't DIRECTLY Pagan, just themed that way. But anything would be great!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• This one is my favorite to read to my DD. It's not directly pagan but sure comes off that way. It's called I Love You Little One

Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• pm me w/ your email & I'll send you the stories I have. Blessed be mamma!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We definatley need more books for Pagan children.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I love the books illustrated by Jody Bergsma, they are just so pretty! http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Jody+Bergsma&x=0&y=0&ih=1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_1.501_13&fsc=-1 I'm not sure if they're exactly pagan or not.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Ive got a circle round book.
    It has some nice stories , also......... Aisha's moonlit walk
    mommaoftwo

Answer by mommaoftwo at 11:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I've got the Circle Round book on the way as well, I should have added that...

Here's the big thing. My DH is christian, and he loves to read to the kids. The thing is anything that is outwardly Pagan he won't read - he won't even read them anything that's outwardly Christian because religion makes him very uncomfortable. My mother buys them tons and tons of "general" books about dinosaurs and whatever else. But none of them really have any kind of point or moral to them. My kids LOVE "Good Night Moon" and I wanted a few more that would kinda fit in to the Pagan Lessons category without being something he would be uncomfortable reading. I read them the myths and that kind of thing, so I'm looking for other options. I'll check out the links, but keep them comin'!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My yongest is 4, soon to be 5. I like all the Strega Nona books by Tomie DePaola. Some are even pop ups.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 11:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010