I laid down for a little over an hour and only got about 5 to 6 movements.. Once I got up she had the hickups but still isn't moving.. is this ok at 38.5weeks?

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 9:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• theres no room in there....she should move 10 times in 12 hours, you're fine
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• When I was pregnant, anytime after 30 weeks I was lucky to get 5-6 movements in an hour. I even went and had non stress tests done because I was worried and everyting was fine. My Dr actually said 10 movements in 3 hours at that far along so I personally would say 5-6 in an hour is great. Plus at almost 39 weeks baby is pretty big in there.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 9:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's perfectly normal. Some babies move a whole lot at that gestational period and some are lazy. If you want the baby to move more try eating something with protein in it. Make sure that you are drinking a lot of fluids and eating at least 3 meals with protein and 1 snack.
    tink0922

Answer by tink0922 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would say,yes. I remember that my ds was like that durging the later stages.
    My lil man used to have hick up a lot. GL:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• ok I almost went to the ER ..lol and know she has moved more so know I feel better..lol wow I can NOT wait till she is here and I don't have to worry about what is going on in there anymore.... :) thanks so much ladies you were a BIG help!!!!
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010