How do you balance...

being a mom w/ being a wife? Which one wins most of the time?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I really don't feel that I'm good at balancing it because being a mom usually wins with me...
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 9:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am a mom first...but my husband always has a home cooked dinner, clean clothes, and we get time together every night when he gets home bc he works 2nd shift and the kids are sleeping when he gets off work =)

so I guess it's pretty balanced
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It is a little of both, and both are equally as important. It takes two, to make the child so it is important two are involved most of the time. When Hubby comes home at night after a full day, he should get imediate attention. If a baby is in the house and wakes up at night for hunger or whatever,baby needs attention. You can gauge this stuff. Try not to leave either out much. They both need you.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 9:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Neither wins when you find a balance ...
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Whoever needs me most at the time.  Life and relationships are constantly changing.  When my kids were young I was in mommy mode full time.  Now my kids are teenagers, it has been reduced to part time and eventually I will be working as a consultant.  Each stage leaves me more time for wife mode and me time.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010