Painting the kitchen and living room

We just bought our first home and we're trying to figure out what color to paint our kitchen because out kitchen and living room share 2 similar walls. How many of you have a combo and painted the walls two different colors or all one color.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• my living room is taupe and my kitchen is sage ... and they're open to each other.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my parents have the family room, dining room/area and the kitchen all open to each other in kind of a circle almost and they're all sage.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My kitchen and family room are basically in one enclosed area but the kitchen is raised.  You go up 3 steps from the family room into the kitchen.  What we did was paint the family room two tones of taupe with a border separating the two level with the kitchen floor.  The darker shade on the bottom and the lighter shade on the top and then painted the kitchen completely in the lighter shade.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My friend did sage and taupe.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 7:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010