I found out I was pregnant when I was 5 months along...

i am not 6 1/2 months and have a lot of anxiety and paranoia. I'm an EMT and I know that that is not normal for me...but will it ever go away? there are strange things that just scare me and I don't know why.

Asked by jklmama027 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 19 weeks when I found out. It will go away once you have your baby. My crazy dreams did. And the paranoia that i was going to have and accident or someone was going to hurt me and take my baby.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was kinda crazy when I was pregnant and for a few weeks after I had my son. I blame the extra estrogen and the hormone crash and it does go away...hang in there :)

Answer by shortleo at 9:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I live at home with my parents and I'm close to my mom...I'm just scared that something is going to happen to her and I can't live with out her right now...

Comment by jklmama027 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Knowing the bad and crazy things that can happen are due to your job. It seems that would make it a little worse. I worked fastfood and was scared too. Yeah, once you have the baby and your hormones get back to normal you'll feel better.
    Congrats and good luck!

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was 19 or 20 weeks when I found out that I was pregnant with my second. I was a little relieved that it was already half way over, but at the same time I felt a lot of anxiety about not having enough time to prepare. I think you need to give yourself permission to feel the way you do and to process why. And then be okay with the possibility of there being no answer. :) I hope that makes sense... I think it just helps to know that you are not weird. It is okay to feel uncertian or scared, but just know that you are just fine. It might be a good idea to really explore your fears and bring logic to them. I hope this helps.

Answer by squish at 10:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I've heard of people finding out that late. To me that sounds kind of cool, but in a way not so great. I like to have a small glass of wine in the evening, and I would be so upset to find out that I'd been drinking wine pregnant. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i was 5 months along with my this one and my middle my hormones werent high enough to get a postive test.

Answer by photogrypher at 4:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2010