Should I put my son's name on his backpack somewhere?

My son picked out his backpack last night. He will be going into kindergarten. Should I put a name tag or something on his backpack?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in

• I always put my sons name,address and phone number on the inside of my sons back pack...just in case it gets lost..or if he gets lost.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yeah, on the inside or the uinderside of one of the straps. You want someone who finds it to know who it belongs to but don't want a stranger to be able to see it and call him by name. I'd also put his teacher's name, class number and your phone number on it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would put it on the inside somewhere...not the outside of it.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, on the inside
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was also going to suggest on the inside/underside of one of the straps. I usually use a Sharpie, I know they come in a silver colour that would show up on a darker surface, maybe they also have a white marker too?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• you can write with a sharpie on a piece of fabric and sew it into a seam like a tag if you want to

or they do make some metallic sharpies that write on darker backgrounds.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You know those license plates for the bikes that have the names. I found one at Toysrus I sew the plastic plate with my son's name inside the backpack. ON the reverse of the plate I wrote phone numbers with a permanent marker.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 9:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would put his name on it
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Put his name on everything that will become separated from him. (only on the inside, of course, for security). Boots, coat, sweater, mittens, scarf, pack, his crayon box if he has one, his smock if he has one.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, my son hasn't lost his backpack but he did lose his coat in the middle of winter and it didn't his name in it. We were broke and we had to get a new one.
    Deb79

Answer by Deb79 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010