Do you think it's true that boys are typically "harder" in young childhood than girls?

i know many boys are little angels and many girls are extremely difficult but do you think it's true that boys are generally more challenging in the toddler years through childhood?

& do you think that's a biological thing or a cultural/environment thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I only have one child, a boy, but I always thought girls were the hard ones, based on everything I have experienced over the years babysitting, being around friends kids, etc.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Nope. I think girls are. I worked at a daycare for years and years. The girls were hella worse. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think my daughter was harder in some ways and my son in others my dd was up my butt all the time ds could entertain himself but he was difficult in public and threw a lot of fits
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a boy and two girls. In early childhood, the boy was definitely the hardest of the three. However, I'm not sure if that's due to his gender or due to the fact that he has sensory processing issues to deal with, or whether it's simply because he was the first and I had no frame of reference for what the heck I was doing!

Now that my oldest daughter is six, I do think she has a lot more attitude than my son did when he was that age, so I can see how this trend might reverse itself as kids grow up. Some days I think my six year old has PMS in advance... some days she is either huffy or emotional over everything anyone says or does. I can see how that is going to get old fast as she grows up!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have had two sons and two daughters... age 30 down to 10 I would say the boys were harder than my girls.All children are different though.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I do think boys are different~and sure the world they seen sure lets them know about boys and girls play preferences~but I rarely see girls the one on top of tables jumping, moving stools to the front door to play with locks, take a screwdriver to a light switch plates.

boys spacial awareness is special even in young boys...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a boy and a girl and I have to say for US..Yes! It has been true so far,lol. My son was a crazy little toddler hurricane. My daughter can be a tazmanian devil..but for the most part she is way more calm than he ever was at this age and she stays by me more often and seems to listen better than my son did. That boy was on an agenda all f his own! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We have 3 boys, my sister has 3 girls, and a boy, and she says hands down she would take all boys any day after what she's been through with her girls... So far for us, our boys have been great! Not perfect but great...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My daughter has been A LOT easier so far than my boys have. Now, when we get to the teenage years I am expecting things to switch. Her daddy is actually looking into just locking her underground until she is 80 (lol).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I only have a boy, and he can be sweet and all that, but he is a hellion!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010