help!!!!!!im pregnant and i cant go poop!!! adult content

it has been a week since i went BM and i am miserable. i am very pregnant and on high iron sups...because of me being anemic....i need help and relief fast.....what can i do? i have tried and tried but i can sit for 45 mins and push and push and only get a few grape sized out. i need help and advice fast. i dont go back to my dr for a week....i cant go another week like this....HELP ME!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go get a fleets enema. Don't push, you're more prone to hemorroids as it is being pregnant, that will really be worse. Things to help you to keep going after you use the enema to get relief this time is to eat All Bran cereal every morning, it really helps and I was horribly constipated during pregnancy as well. Drink a lot of water, walk a lot if you can- exercise will really help, You can eat fiber 1 bars, eat prunes or drink prune juice- I prefer prunes because the juice is just so nasty. I feel your pain, I know how bad it can be, and trust me the all bran is what really helped get me somewhat regular and get me through my pregnancy. You can also try eating high fiber oatmeal in the morning. Cut back on the dairy too.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Oh, that stinks! I am sorry. The iron alone can cause constipation, and with you being pretty far along, the baby probably has everything all squished in there! Does your doctor's office let you call and leave a message with the nurse? Some doctor's offices will let you do that, and they can even run your question by the doctor. Stool softeners are considered to be safe, but read the label and check with the pharmacist to make sure. The other things they usually tell you are get enough fiber, drink water, and be active. You must be so uncomfortable. I hope you get some relief soon!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If the typical treatments, such as prune juice, Colace, extra water don't help, you can use an enema to flush everything out.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would call your Dr and ask if there is anything you can take. I suggest prune juice, but if you are on iron pills, you need to ask what is safe with meds.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I understand your pain..I got like that with my last pregnancy and it SUCKS! But try NOT to sit and ush for too long...you'll get hemmoroids and be even more miserable! Ask your doctor for a prescription of Colace or other stoll softner. Drink lots of water. For me..every time I woudl drink a strong cup of coffee it would get me going,lol...would that work for you? Its something I did when it was at the end and I was just miserable..it was the only thing that worked fast for me.I have iron defficient anemia too..and also take iron supplements..so, yeah..I understand!!! Hang in there!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You can try eating prunes or drinking juice. There should also be someone on-call that you can talk to if it's very bad. Early in my current pregnancy, I had the same issues and went 11 days without a BM, at which time my midwife suggested Colace, which is OTC now.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Prune juice, but call your doctor's office. They've heard of this and probably have standard suggestions.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• drink lots of water, and only water. no dairy, no bananas, no meat, no white/simple grains
    eat fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Go out and buy those fiber 1 bars they are awsome for that
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was miserable in the beginning too. I was almost in tears at one point, lol. You can call and ask your doctor before your appointment so that you don't have to wait. My husband finally went to the store, bought a bag of dried prunes, and made me down a bunch of them with a ton of water...and I pooped shortly after, lol. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010