Did you and your child do something special when they started kindergarten?

When I started Kindergarten, my mom took a picture of me with my backpack on. She also did somethings throughout the year in my classroom that I still remember today. I would like to do something special on my son's first day of school. Any suggestions?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in

• Last year my son was in Kindergarten and I took a picture of him, walked him to his class to make sure he was settled. After school we went out for ice cream to talk about the big day!
    bluestarr80

Answer by bluestarr80 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• When Julita started school, I took a picture of her with her backpack on too, as she was getting on the bus.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• One thing we always did in our home was the first day of school....all grades...when they came home I had homemade chocolate chip cookies and milk waiting for them. Tradition. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• picture going off to school and at pick up with the teacher~it starts off and just keeps going with projects, back to school night, help in classroom, help with events~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my mom took a picture of me with my backpack every year on the 1st day of school I did this also until I pulled my son out to homeschool I will be doing both my children this year so I will have to take a pic of them doing work or something
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010