My dh has an anger issue,How can I help him cope??

He does not hit,at all but he fumes and even gets physicaly ill sometimes. I worry about him:(

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 9:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• Unless you are a trained therapist, you can't help him directly. You can find him a therapist who specializes in workting with men who have anger issues.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My husband was like that. You have to talk calmy with him about it. Have him work out if he doesnt already do it. We go to a community pool at a school, and he goes there for an hour every day. Just to get his mind off things. If something makes him mad, and he starts to blow up, I just walk away. Never yell, or say something smart that you know will cause him to go off more. That will just put fuel in the fire. Things will get better. I promise.
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 3:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010