Left wedding early...

My best friend disowned me today because she was pissed that I left her wedding to pick up my kids. I was a bridesmaid. The wedding started at 4:30, I got there at 12 noon, and left at 9:30 (I was supposed to pick up my kids at 9, and it was a 30 minute drive home...) So she is mad, after knowing that I had to leave early. When I got there to pick up my kids, they were asleep and my sitter said that they could stay the night. So hubby and I went to a club at like 11pm. Now she is disowning me and saying thanks for nothing. Was I wrong?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 10:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be more angry with her for not understanding. Kids or not she should understand why you had to go.
    My BF was also mad at me when I left her NYE wedding at 1130p. I was first trimester pregnant & had been up since 6am! on my feet running all day long!
    Shell get over!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I could understand why she might be mad. Since you went out that night it might not look good to her. She might have thought you should have made these arrangements for your kids to stay the night, since they did. I think you should try to talk to her and let her know what happened. It was her wedding day I'm sure emotions are running high.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Bridezilla! A full blown wedding always has to have drama. You weren't wrong, she was in full stress mode and will hopefully forget it. If not, oh well.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• To disown someone over something so trivial....means she wasn't your BEST friend!! If her wedding started at 4:30 and you left at 9:30, how much longer were you supposed to stay? Every wedding reception I've ever been to doesn't last more than 5-6 hours!

Maybe when SHE has children, she'll understand!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Your children come first.... selfish of her.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• you had already stayed later than planned. i think she is being a little dramatic.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If one of my bridesmaids had done that, I wouldn't have minded. I don't even know where half my bridesmaids were a few hours into the reception. Family comes first. And if the sitter said they could stay the night, you had no way of knowing that.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with the fact that you left the wedding to get your kids but then to find out that they were asleep and then go clubbing I could see why that would bother her. Why not go back to the wedding if it was in full swing? Or why not give a call to the sitter to see how the kids were doing before you headed on your way. Maybe you could have stayed there in the first place. Anyways everything is already said and done and I could see where her feeling were hurt but for her actual to stop talking to you that seems extreme.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• she was being selfish.

? - had she been drinking at her wedding? not that it's an excuse but might have been why she over reacted
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• kids come first, she will forgive you when she has kids of her own. We had an issue with the kids being at a friends wedding and she was not mad. But if you do get a sitter, I always call ahead when picking up the kids from work. I call as I am leaving the building telling her I am on the way.
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 10:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010