Stretch marks &&

tanning. I had my son 3 months ago and I'm 5 feet tall so as you can imagine I got stretch marks!! I only have them in two places which are on my stomach around my belly button, and a few on my sides well whenever I gave birth they were purple for about a month and a half and now they're a light pink. I want to tan SO BAD! But I'm wonder will they turn purple again or what? And if you tan how long did you wait to start tanning after you had your baby? I really NEED to tan for a little bit I'm SO white. I want just a little bit of color. I'm not gana tan for longer than a month.

Asked by KBM99 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• anyone know??

Answer by KBM99 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I have tons of stretch marks and they actually get lighter when you tan...So you tan and they get lighter...can still see em and all but it does look better...good luck...

Answer by love_my_boys at 10:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• you can tan, and your stretch marks will not be affected.. you are lucky that yours are colored. mine are white.. i can't make them tan for nothing.. also, if you are looking for something to make them less apparent, try bio oil...

Answer by nana at 11:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Hi,

I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn't seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady's article at the link below.

Answer by jennifer8055 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Vitamin E helps. There are also lots of good "sunless" tanning products on the market that are actually better for your skin because they don't damage your skin like the sun does. Of course I recommend Mary Kay's Subtle Tanning lotion. It has a delicious scent too. You use it for a few days in a row until you get the color that you want and then you only need once a week to "maintain". I have had clients with pretty bad stretch marks use this product and it really concealed it. To purchase this-

Answer by nancymkqueen at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I think tanning does help. I got some stretch marks on my lower belly but I am thankful they have almost faded out. U have to really look for them now. My baby is 7 months

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I got tons of stretchmarks while I was pregnant with my little one. I was pretty heartbroken for about a year - until I started going to the tanning bed (i know i know - shame - shame) They definatly lightened up... I think I look amazing. they are there - just much less noticeable! Go for it! And .. congrats on your Son!

Answer by KaydeeBee at 11:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2008