Taking a day off and feeling a little guilty

I work 5 or 6 days a week in the evenings as a waitress. I clean my house all day before I leave and i do all the shopping ect. I had the day off and I decided to sit on my butt for most of the day and i feel guilty even though I know I shouldn't feel guilty for taking the day off. Does anyone else ever feel guilty for this?

shortleo

Asked by shortleo at 10:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• Ahhh...I didn't know what guilt WAS until I became a mom. I feel guilty all the time...even though I work hard and do the best I can...any time I take some "down time" or "me time", I feel guilty. You're not alone mamma. Just try to shake off the guilt and enjoy yourself. You deserve it!
    one_on_the_way

Answer by one_on_the_way at 10:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I've been feeling that way today too. I have done absolutely nothing besides cooking dinner. But I figure I'll make up for it tomorrow and stay busy! I say forget feeling guilty...you work hard! Being a waitress is VERY hard work!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I do sometimes but I have learned to not sweat it as much. I have 5month old twins and sometimes I cannot get anything accomplished in my day. So don't be so hard on yourself and try to do things when you can and when you are relaxed :)
    Pocahontas14

Answer by Pocahontas14 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sometimes. Then I remember how much I like my sanity.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 10:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• LMAO how much you like your sanity!!! Thanks for the laugh...i needed that so much!!!!
    shortleo

Comment by shortleo (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I work in the service industry too, and today and tomorrow are my weekend for this week. I used to feel guilty for doing nothing on my days off, but then a friend made me realize that I EARNED that time off! Enjoy your time off, Momma!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i feel guilty all the time,
    momskitty

Answer by momskitty at 5:49 AM on Jul. 23, 2010