Seriously, is this MY responsiblity???

(Picture three beach cities side by side, south to north.) My daughter (16 not driving) was invited to a sleep over at "A"s house..... we are in the southern most beach city, the sleep over is in the city just above us. My daughter asks if it would be out of our way to pick up her friend "B" and drive her to the same sleep over. "B" lives in the northern most beach city.... so I would be driving PAST where I need to drop her off to get "B". I told my daughter that yes it would be out of the way and at 8pm at night I really dont want to do that. So daughter says fine "B" will ride her bike. WTH? I told daughter that it was REALLY far, and dangerous to be doing that at dusk. She said but you cant give her a ride.

Now ladies I ask you is that really MY responsiblity???? IMO either one of her parents should drive or it is just too bad she can not go to this sleep over.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think you're an idiot if you do it.l JMO though.
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 10:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If I knew that she was going to be riding her bike - and I knew that it was unsafe - then I would feel as if I had to give her a ride. I wouldn't be happy about it, and my daughter would know I was unhappy, but I would do it anyway.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's not your responsibility but it would be a nice thing to do

Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• no, it's not your responsibility! like you said it's her parents' or she can't go.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It sounds like your daughter is trying to pull a guilt trip. Surely you aren't the only parent that could give this girl a ride if she needs one. It shouldn't be your responsibility, and I really hope her parents wouldn't allow her to ride her bike that far at such a late time.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think your daughter asked you a favor- one that would really help her friend out, its not your responsibility but as a parent if you couldnt give your daughter a ride- wouldnt you want someone to come get her so she could participate in the sleepover.. . Will it kill you to go out of your way?
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's called a " guilt trip" tweens/teens are so good at giving them. I would just tell her you can not do it and it won't be expected of you again. Once you do they will always find a way to get you to do what they want.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It is a gracious thing to do.. I would ! I know what it was like as a kid not to get a ride and miss out and I wouldnt do that to others!
    So what if its out of your way.. if it was an emergency would that stop you??
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would do it in a heart beat, this is what parents do go out of their way to do things for our kids, it wouldn't kill you just maybe inconvienece you wow! just wow!

Answer by older at 7:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No, this is not your responsibility and your daughter was trying to guilt you into doing it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2010