Latley I don't know what's wrong with me, does anyone else wish they never got married & had children?

seems the everyday stress of kids & my husband being mad all the time makes me want to run away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• You sound overwhelmed and you need a well deserved break. You are very blessed to have kids. I know it is hard to believe sometimes, but look at those faces, how awesome is that and no one else can say that they are the mother of your babies. Breathe and relax over the small things believe me it helps. What is your hubby so mad at?

Make sure you always take time talk about what bothers you so neither of you start to resent each other. Pull out some old pics before the kiddos and try to remember how you were before them and bring back some of that spark. ((((((HUGS))))))
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 10:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i have felt this way alot especially after i had my first baby just 6mnths ago and i have a 13yr old sd..my sd has alot of issues and is here with me 24/7 while her father works outta town..plus the last part of my pregnancy was horrible and tramatic...i did wish those things a few points along the way but it did get better with lots of thinking and prayer...everyone gets overwhelemed...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• lol, i think u need a break ! depression, anxiety and stress happens to almost every other woman. so ure not alone sister !!
    what u need is to go somewhere for a couple of days. leave ure kids at grandma's or sister's and go somewhere alone or with a friend. after 3 days u'll start missing ure family like anything!!! plus u'll get the break u deserve :)
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'm not married...so I can't relate to that. But sometimes the everyday stress of being a mother can take its toll. Sometimes I wish I had more freedom or could maybe go back in time to when I DID have more freedom and "appreciate" that time more.

If you are really feeling down about it all the time, maybe you could look into talking to someone about it. They can help you understand what your feelings are about and give you advice and tools to help you cope with things better. If your husband is mad all the time, maybe go to couples counseling. It isn't fair for you to have to live with someone who is angry and making your life unhappy.
    one_on_the_way

Answer by one_on_the_way at 10:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Here lately every day.

crazytexan

Answer by crazytexan at 10:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel. Its aweful! I am slowly feeling better, it could be PPD. I was diagnosed with it, but refuse to take antidepressants. I am trying to manage my depression myself... You should take a break and give yourself some you time :) I hope you feel better...
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 10:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sort of, but not really. I don't get many breaks away from the kids, and sometimes you just need a vacation where you can relax.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 10:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I mostly regret getting married. I wish I would have waited on having kids though.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think everyone deals with those feelings at any given time. It's in our nature to want to run from threats or stress, but we have to learn how to manage it. Marriage and children are stressful because while everyone and their mama can offer all the tips and advice, nothing prepares or shocks you better than being in the thick of it. Sometimes the closest thing people have to training is babysitting or their parents and that often isn't enough exposure to prepare someone for their own children or their own marriage. So don't feel bad or let anyone make you feel wrong in your feelings, you just need some help and support on better handling/managing your stressors.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 10:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• And to answer personally, yes, I have felt that way several times. I tend to feel sorry for my kids because I think, if I had been more level headed, more experienced and patient, my kids could have gotten a better side of their mother. But I have come to terms with the past and now try to better our future. Don't allow yourself to exist in the past, you'll never see how fun the future will be.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 10:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010