Do you ever think something happened when you were younger (not good) but you cannot really remember? What would you do? adult content

So I think something happened to me when I was younger on a couple of occasions ( not a good thing) but I cannot remember all of it. I do remember who, when but some is hazy. Would you try to let it go or get therapy? I guess the reason it has come back to the forefront is because I found my old elementary school friend on facebook and her brothers were the ones I remember doing things that should have never happened. Has this happened to anyone else?

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 10:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If it is a bothersome series of thoughts then I'd get therapy. They can help bring back the memories and give support when they turn out to be negative memories.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes I am actually struggling with something right now.Good luck.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would seek therapy it's better to face it head on and then learn how to put it behind you and maybe even forgive. If you block it out..it may come out in other ways or just cause some kind of anger/depression.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes sometimes things get blocked out because it was too much for you.
    If you want to see someone about it then you should.
    Good Luck
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No, it hasn't happened to me. But if your repressed memories are NOT impeding your life in any way that matters, then I would leave it alone. If you really want to go down that road, because you need to know, or to heal, then I would seek the help of a reputable psychologist who can help you to dredge up those memories through hypnosis or other meditative techniques.

However, the way I look at repressed memories, it's your subconscious trying to protect you for a reason! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I know I had a rough childhood. I remember parts of it, other parts are just gone or like you said hazy. I know myself, and quite honestly I believe I am happier with those memories not in my head so I personally am not about to go get those memories dredge up in hypnotherapy or anything like that.

But you need to decide what is best for you. Would you be happier knowing and dealing with it? I know some people are.

If you think you'd be better knowing, find a psychologist to talk to.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes. i believe I was molested by my uncle. I don't remember the specifics just that I was on a couch under covers with a michael Jackson song playing. I KNOW something happened that was innapropriate. Trust your gut, if you think something bad happened it may have or your memory may be playing tricks on you. If it bothers you a lot there is always the option of being hypnotized.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 10:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would get some help I was beaten for years and i had to seek therapy if it bothers you do it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have hazy memories, and i'm pretty damn sure something happend, but honestly I dont' care. Nothing I can do about it. It has no bearing on my life now. But if it were a problem in my life today, I would go seek help
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010