Anybody else's child starting kindergarten this year?

How are you feeling about it - nervous? Excited?

How does your child feel about it?

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 10:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Michael will be going. He's my first born Preemie Grandson. My pride & joy! Going to the same school as his mother! I chaperoned all of my DD's Field trips & school functions! I still know people at this school. But he's growing up too soon.. I'll cry.. I bet..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Excited. She was in pre-k last year and has been going two days a week during the summer for pre-k. She loves school and really enjoys it so I am happy for her.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No put my baby girl starts preschool, she's growing way to fast... The next time I blink my eye she's by in kindergarten and my baby boy will be in preschool. Sigh.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My youngest will start preschool this fall. She'll be 4 on Oct. 4th. My son will be 5 on Sept. 15 & he will be starting kindergarten. I will be home schooling him & our daughter will be going to the Christian school right around the corner from us. We are so excited for school to start. We haven't home schooled since our 2 oldest, now 25 & 19, were in school & we can't wait to get back into it.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My daughter will be going to kindergarden in the fall. She never had any daycare or preschool before so it's hard to see her go. I'll more then likely cry like a baby. But shes very smart and outgoing, she'll be fine.
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My daughter, who is almost six, will be starting this year. She is going to a parochial school where she went to preschool last year, so she will know a lot of the kids in her class. She is excited about it, and since she is one of the older kids in her class (because of her birthday making her unable to start last year), I think she is very ready.

She will have to take the bus in the mornings, which is not what I wanted, but I'll be in my final semester of nursing school and that is what we will need to do.
    Iamgr8teful

Comment by Iamgr8teful (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My son is. He is excited right now, but we shall see what happens once he actually goes! I am happy, but it is going to be very weird not having him around. I am a SAHM and he is our only child.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My son is starting kindergarten. I'm excited, he's excited. He's been wanting to go since his sister started. I'm excited because the school is very close to our house and it's the first time in years that I will only have to drive to the one school and everyone will stay there for six whole hours....yay. I'm a little sad because he's my baby, but he's smart and he'll do fine.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my second son is starting kindergarten this fall. he will have the same teacher his brother had,a nd he will have lunch and one recess with his big brother. he is not excited!!!
    really, he would rather stay home. he is not even a mama's boy!
    when my first son started kindergarten, he was so excited and ready, i was so sad...and i got pregnant!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my youngest is going to be 6 in the fall and is starting kindergarten. I am excited to a degree but I'm also nervous because he refuses to write,draw or use scissors....but he is outgoing with the boys and shy with girls..
    It is also going to be interesting because the teacher's daughter and my 19 yr old played high school basketball together and both girls were varsity captains so my relationship with her is, going from being basketball mom's to being in a parent/teacher relationship.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010