Really curious...

Ok so this is my problem right now, I was suppose to start my period on the 17th(I know that can change depending on certain things stress, weight gain, weight loss,etc) but I saw brown blood on the 16th but not alot of it just sometimes when I wipe, but now it is brown with a tiny bit of red and that too comes and goes sometimes I feel like for sure i'm getting ready to officially start but when i go to the bathroom there is nothing there on the tissue....I'm confused because i've had this for 4 days and when Aunt Flow comes to town she comes with a vengenance and then she lightens up meaning i've always started out real heavy and then it slowly tapered off but this time it's different...It's propably nothing at all, I may have just got lucky and didnt have a heavy flow this month but I wanted to ask your opinion.... Thank you :)

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 10:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Spotting brown blood is an indication of old, dry blood that is for some reason in the cervix. The most common reason is if you have sexual intercourse and irritation of the cervix causes a little tear. Not enough that it comes flowing out, but like when you urinate or you wipe, you might see it on the tissue. Unless you are passing bright red blood and clots, brown spotting is pretty harmless.

Brown spotting is perfectly normal in early pregnancy. One reason for this type of spotting is called implantation bleeding. This occurs approx. 2 weeks after conception and 4 weeks since your last menstrual period. Another reason this could be happening is your body could be releasing old blood. Neither of these reasons are cause for concern.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would not worry. But if your instincts are telling you something may be going on then I would consult a doctor :)
    Pocahontas14

Answer by Pocahontas14 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• So, I would still get a pregnancy done just in case and then if positive tell your doc about the blood if it continues or major cramping
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 10:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• im having the same problem right now and i dont know what to think
    loca1

Answer by loca1 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sounds like it could be your month! When I got pregnant, mine was brown for acouple days, and then BAM, was full blown heavy for one day. And then nothing! Turns out i was pregnant!
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 2:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010