If you were her, what would you do?

I just had a friend email me and say that her and her husband got into a huge fight and he slapped her in front of their children. She called the police and made a statement, but now she is regretting it, saying she made a mountain out of a mole hill. He walked away from the house, straight to a lawyer and says he can't trust her, he wants a divorce.

If you were her, what would you do?

MamaNata

Asked by MamaNata at 10:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Personally, I don't care what was going down when it happened, there is no reason that ever makes it okay for him to touch her that way period, especially in front of their two children.
    MamaNata

Comment by MamaNata (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Take some time to re-evaluate their situation. If he hit her she is better off w/out him. The worse thing she could do is rush into anything
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 10:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If he abused her then she did the right thing...if he wants a divorce from a woman who wont tolerate a man abusing her than so be it.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• 1. She didn't make a mountain out of a molehill, not if she told YOU the truth, if he did hit her in front of the kids.
    2. He's being a baby, and can't handle the fact that he, HELLO!, hit his kids mother right in front of his kids!!!!!

If he wants a divorce, she can't really stop him. But if he's hitting her, does she really want to stay?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would let him get the divorce. It's never OK for him to put his hands on her.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• DIVORCE
    He should have never hit her! One slap is when it all starts. He'll say he was sorry and didnt mean to then it will happen again and again. She needs to think about her kids,, he hit her, which means he may hit the kids next.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It sounds to me like it's over.
    Sad,but at that point it's done.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 11:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• He has it backwards she should of went straight to the lawyer. How dare he say something dump like that.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Once they hit, there will always be another one coming. She did exactly what we tell women to do daily. If she didn't call the police what would she be teahing her kids. She was dead on right in my book.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't do anything. He was wrong. If he can't be a man and not hit then he needs to hit the road anyway AND pay her CS while he's gone.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010