We're not having sex...is our relationship doomed? adult content

My boyfriend of 7 years and I haven't had sex in over 2 months. Partly because we don't live together, and partly because he works the graveyard shift (meaning he works all night and sleeps all day). He comes over on his breaks, but it's mostly rest and check his email. On his days off, he is so tired that he's not always up to going out with me (the last time we went out, his mom babysat for us while our daughter slept).

I know his job is physically taxing, but I need some loving. Am I being totally unreasonable? Do you have any ideas on how to "stoke the fire"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah I used to work the night shift. It is a killer. You have to find the right blend to make it work. The thing is flipping your eternal clock around is difficult.
    If you need some lovin' ask him what is the best time for it? at 8 pm before he goes in or in the am when he gets off? Schedule time for fun. Your not doomed. You just have to work harder to achieve your perfect balance. Right now it is imperfect. You can make it work.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Strip for him and some recent advice I got on here was to wake him up with a BJ.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 10:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Get a baby sitter and meet him naked at the door...under a house coat that is. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You should talk to him about it. Even though his schedule is hectic maybe he can plan something that can work within his free time. I you bluntly tell him you're horny he may just do you right then and there :) Good luck!
    Pocahontas14

Answer by Pocahontas14 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Plan a weekend w/ no kids. Oh don't forget the whip cream ;)
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 10:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Or when he is sleep go in and start giving him head. That should make him pick up the pace.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's the start of a dead end relationship in most cases (or cheating). Have a good talk. I had to do this with my hubby cause I was the one that didn't have any drive for a while after my 2nd baby. We worked threw it. Be honest- even if you have to write it in a letter.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 11:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Please take care of it. Talk and keep talking make some time for it. Its important to you and ask him and tell him what you need and want. Talking and listening can only make it better. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My SO has a all night job so he's very tired during the say and usually sleeping. We have had the same problems but as soon as it gets too long for me I let him know and we try and get back on track. It doesn't mean your relationship is doomed. Unless there are other factors but to be honest it's just the nature of the job. Just communicate and try to initiate more often so he gets the hint but also that way you get him started. Hang in there babe, it's all good!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2010