Cleaning the house before baby.. Help

What do you suggest I clean, and deep clean... I want to make sure i get everything..

I know the Major stuff.. but what Are the little things we may tend to forget that are actually really important?

I know the bathroom kitchen, Dust, Fridge, Vaccuum, etc

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 10:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• change the air filter if you have central air
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I shampooed the carpets and stopped letting people wear their shoes inside once he was born because I didn't want them tracking stuff in that he would be crawling in later...i'm a little crazy i know...
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Cob webs in all the corners. That drove me a little nutty when I hung out in the living room. Normally I take care of them when I vaccuum but I guess when I was pregnant, I didnt think about it that often and missed it for a few weeks. When I would be out in the living room with my daughter rocking her and stuff, those cob webs drove me crazy that I made my husband take care of them.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'm a hotel housekeeper, so for me, I'd get all the little details~ doorframes, windowframes, cobwebs, that kind of thing. I hope you are able to get help with some of the work, you need to remember to conserve some energy for the baby. Good luck!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sounds like you're nesting. Congrats mommy! RELAX!!! It doesn't all need to be clean...it certainly won't stay that way for very long once you get home from hospital and you're up all night, etc., etc. Prioritize. Get everything setup for baby - pack n play, bassinet, etc. Get a basket of necessities started - diaper cream, wipes, diapers, gripe water, gas drops, etc. Get all your bottle parts/breast pump parts, etc. opened and cleaned. Get receiving blankets and newborn - 3 mo. clothes washed and put away. Get the baby gym setup, crib, swing, etc. It will be much more important to have a clean house once baby starts rolling/crawling and you have months before that happens!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I say mainly you kitchen, bathroom , and floors. Those are your 3 most important everything else can wait or be dealt with later
    Pocahontas14

Answer by Pocahontas14 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i think you are fine mama!
    i know with my first, i cleaned everything except dh's bathroom, and that is where i did a bit of my laboring!!!
    i felt like i had to prepare for a month of doing nothing, but you will bounce back faster than you think!
    congratulations!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• with my son, i was NUTS. i vaccuumed about 2 or 3 times a day. it was ridiculous. just make sure the floors and cabinets/counters are clean and the bathtub for bath time :) keep hand sanitizer around.
    tayseansmom7505

Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• doorknobs and light switches ! and railings

congratulations by the way !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If you have central air, the vents. But really your normal cleaning should be just fine. It's a baby and it will have to be exposed to dirt and germs at some point in time to build their immune system.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010