Why is it that breast cancer is basically the only addressed cancer?

I just wanna know, really. There are TONS of cancers, why is breast cancer seem to be the most important?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• I think this is because it is relatively common and early detection can be detrimental to saving lives. But I see what you mean though - you don't hear much about other cancers.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Because breasts are important to men and they want to save as many as possible.
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 11:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Because Susan G. Komen's sister is a great advocate for her sister. Also because it's one that is easily screened and fairly common.
    JoysMom

Answer by JoysMom at 1:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• idk why they dont just go to a gerson inst. and get well that way? my friend went htere for breast cancer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2008