Anyone going through nursing school?

How do you handle it all, with kids and work and just everything?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in

• I am. I don't work, but I have a 17month old and a 3.5 yr old. I am in a ladder program which means you have to start with LPN, then go with RN, and on up. Each one is 1 yr of clinicals. I have only about 3 wks left of LPN, then a couple weeks off and right on in for RN clinicals for 1 more year. I'll be going on for at least BSN after that though and possibly MSN. Just not sure if I'll go straight for the MSN then or wait a bit. By then I may be totally needing a break and sick of it. Life is very busy and having a supportive husband that helps is crucial, and that's an understatement. I can't wait to be done. I know so many of my classmates who's marriages haven't been strong enough to make it through nursing school. It's very straining on everyone. I love it and I hate it. lol.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I went through LPN school, but it was before my children were born. I was actually pregnant with my son in the final semester. Very challenging!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010