Who else has MIL problems

Kind of listening to Dr Phil and he's talking about MIL problems.
Who else has MIL problems? My MIL drives me up the freaking wall, she always has to know everything about our marriage and always has to put her two cents in everything. Like each time I got pregnant she was saying how we weren't ready to be parents and I needed to get an abortion. 1st off she barley knew me when I got pregnant with my daughter. Then after I had my son she called me the same day and told me how many more grand kids I must have but not yet and she tried to talk to me about my method of BC. She also asks about our bills and savings, UGH she annoys the hell out of me.
Please tell me I'm not alone. Anyone else have horror stories about their MILs

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• my problem is I do not have one....my husband's parents are passed away and he always tells me how his mom and me would just love eachother, gushes about how well we would get along and it starts to depress me because Me and our son will never know her...as far as your MIL...I feel for you, I really do because my step daughter has one from hell just like you do....there should be a support group in every community for people with MIL'S from hell
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i think keeping my mil out of our personal business has helped a lot. i talked to dh about it and he agreed not to talk to his mom about our marital problems anymore, that helped tons!!! now the only problem i have is that she lives so far away.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i do mine never liked me from the start bc im white, and even if my house is spotless he still finds something she thinks is dirty
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That would be annoying. My MIL is very nice, but hints to things she thinks we need to be doing....lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I do!!! In my case some of it comes down to race/culture... she was really not happy that dh chose to marry outside his racial/cultural group. It's really obvious that she is a LOT more comfortable with her same-race DIL than she is with me. Some of it just seems to be that she is a cold person... even dh says that she was never an affectionate mom and was really hands-off, never tucked him in at night or helped him with homework or anything like that. She just seems incapable of having real relationships with anyone. I try not to just be friendly but to avoid her as much as I can, which works most of the time because luckily she is just distant and inconsistant rather than meddlesome about 90% of the time.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I forgot to add a huge one. Okay I'm an Atheist, my husband isn't but he believes in god but doesn't have a set religion he follows. Anyways she took me shopping for baby clothes then she stops at the baptism dresses and says BTW we need to talk about this and set a date to do a blessing in my church. WE? There is no WE! Its between my hubby and I, not her. Plus hubby hates her religion (Mormon) . That's one thing my hubby got upset about and actually spoke up about. He asked her not to talk about religion to me and that his kids weren't going to be part of the Mormon religion.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'm with ya on the MIL issues my is a crazed lunatic and that is being nice. She can't die cuz the devil don't even want this biyatch
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2010