What kind of candy do you give out on Halloween? If it's mix, do you take out the ones you like for you to keep?

Asked by starbucks81 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We give out apples. We like the looks on all of the kids faces when they see an apple going into their bag.

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• As a kid I always hated the cheap candy like peanut butter chews that are wrapped in black & orange papers. So, as an adult, I get the good stuff like the mini candy bars. I always buy an extra bag for my hubby and I so we don't indulge in treats that are meant to be handed out.
    Avas...hahaha! Is it that look of disgust? Raisins have the same effect.

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 10:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Ooooohhh ...raisins...gotta try that this year!

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• That is so funny..omg.. I can only imagine their faces. I should buy apples and raisins this yr just for
    But every yr we normally get a mixture of chocolates (kit kats, herseys/ reeses..etc) and another bag of mixed candies (jolly ranchers, smarties, pixie sticks, gum, etc) we buy a huge bag from costco.. and yes, my kids do pick through it. I always let them get 1st dibbs :)

Answer by MomToFour247 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well, we don't get trick or treaters here. But I always buy a bag of the "good stuff" just in case. Like mini reeses, mini hersheys, ya know stuff i won't mind eating if I HAVE to. LOL But if I had trick or treaters I would still get the good stuff.

Answer by tristansmom74 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i only get the mixes that i like all of

Answer by aidansmommy529 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Raisins and apples is not too bad I guess compare to the toothbrush or pennies given that I got when I was young. LOL

Answer by starbucks81 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• oh my gosh.. my kids got pennies last yr and it was from an older woman too. I was like what the heck?? so, it's an old school thing, huh?

Answer by MomToFour247 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Pennies?! Now THAT is just cruel!! LOL.

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i giv eout candy that i would wanna eat, that way i know its not going to oldrwizrmom said, i dont want those cheap ass candies, so i give out the mixture of choc bars as well..smarties, kitkat, areo, coffee crisp, snickers, mars, oh henry etc...the GOOD ones!! sometimes i throw some suckers in there too

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2008