What kind of candy do you give out on Halloween? If it's mix, do you take out the ones you like for you to keep?

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We give out apples. We like the looks on all of the kids faces when they see an apple going into their bag.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• As a kid I always hated the cheap candy like peanut butter chews that are wrapped in black & orange papers. So, as an adult, I get the good stuff like the mini candy bars. I always buy an extra bag for my hubby and I so we don't indulge in treats that are meant to be handed out.
    Avas...hahaha! Is it that look of disgust? Raisins have the same effect.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 10:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Ooooohhh ...raisins...gotta try that this year!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• That is so funny..omg.. I can only imagine their faces. I should buy apples and raisins this yr just for laughs..lol
    But every yr we normally get a mixture of chocolates (kit kats, herseys/ reeses..etc) and another bag of mixed candies (jolly ranchers, smarties, pixie sticks, gum, etc) we buy a huge bag from costco.. and yes, my kids do pick through it. I always let them get 1st dibbs :)
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well, we don't get trick or treaters here. But I always buy a bag of the "good stuff" just in case. Like mini reeses, mini hersheys, ya know stuff i won't mind eating if I HAVE to. LOL But if I had trick or treaters I would still get the good stuff.
    tristansmom74

Answer by tristansmom74 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i only get the mixes that i like all of
    aidansmommy529

Answer by aidansmommy529 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Raisins and apples is not too bad I guess compare to the toothbrush or pennies given that I got when I was young. LOL
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• oh my gosh.. my kids got pennies last yr and it was from an older woman too. I was like what the heck?? so, it's an old school thing, huh?
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Pennies?! Now THAT is just cruel!! LOL.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i giv eout candy that i would wanna eat, that way i know its not going to waste..like oldrwizrmom said, i dont want those cheap ass candies, so i give out the mixture of choc bars as well..smarties, kitkat, areo, coffee crisp, snickers, mars, oh henry etc...the GOOD ones!! sometimes i throw some suckers in there too
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2008