how can i get my 5 year old to stopping peeing her pants!?

she starts kindergarten aug.21 and is still wetting her pants...she gets too busy and doesn't want to stop what she's doing to use the toilet. i have taken things away and have now gone back to the sticker chart. anyone else going through this? how i can i help her to stop before she gets to school?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This is very normal. Her mother did it, knew it was wrong (she would hide her wet panties) but was just too busy to stop. Make her clean it up, don't make a big deal of it.
    MKsGrammie

Answer by MKsGrammie at 11:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Make her clean it up. Supervise it, but she does all the work.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would talk to your doctor, I havent ever heard of a kid that old peeing besides while asleep and Im a preschool teacher
    AmberMN

Answer by AmberMN at 12:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i would drop it, honestly. just wait. she will most likely only pee her pants once at school. embarassment will be your cure,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think at that age it's still normal. They get busy and don't want to stop and then it's to late. Have her help clean up the mess and do a sticker chart.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010