How do you get your child to stop sleep walking?

My daughter who is 3 sleep walks and I find her all over the house threwout the night she just gets up and wonders till she finds a spot and lays back down. Any suggestions? I do lock all the doors so she cant get out.

beck3029

Asked by beck3029 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• welcome to my world. put high locks on the doors and keep your bedroom door open or set up a baby monitor. mine is 12 and she became my step daughter 2 years ago but i have been deeling with her sleepwalking for three years but her dad says shes done it since 2.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have seen and read about this. You cannot stop it and should never wake them while they are doing it, it can be very traumatizing for them. All you can do is make sure they are safe. Put locks on doors if you must or install those alarms that go off when a door is opened, I have seen those alarms at my local dollar store(they are not expensive!). Good luck!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2010