Need advice got any anwers?

Iam so torn. I broke up with my x. it was one of those breaks up that we said things before we thought about what we were going to say and both were mad. but in the last 2 weeks I have meet a wonderful guy who is like me and are so much alike get along better I am trying to move on- but I am so torn on one hand have a x that i couldnt talk to easy or just had a conversation with on the other hand new guy is so wonderful easy going more down to earth and easy to make conv.ahhhh- but the x still missing me wants to work it- my heart is so torn. I dont know what to do any advice?

Youngmother2109

Asked by Youngmother2109 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• How long have you been broken up with your ex? It could be that you're having "rebound" feelings with the new guy. Do you have kids with the ex? If your break up was recent, I would definitely not rush into anything with another guy...you might regret it. Take some time, think long and hard about what is going to be best for your kid(s), and decide if you're willing to put in the work to make your relationship a success with your ex, or if you're going to move on permanently. As Avasmom said, it takes devotion and work to make a relationship work and it isn't always going to be the butterflies-in-the-tummy excitement that it is in the beginning, but if you really love and commit to one another it can be so much more.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• All relationships are TERRIFIC in the beginning. It takes time, devotion, patience and compromise to make a great fling into a loving long-lasting partnership. I say that if the ex is the father of your kids, try again and see a couples therapist to work out your communication problems. Good luck and don't EVER just "give up".

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• you need time and space to yourself so you can clear your head and get your priorities straight for yourself. They can wait! You need YOU time! dont make any quick decisions at this time because you were hurt and are too vulnerable. give it time, good luck
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 10:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• they are both right!
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• AvasMommy hit the nail on the head with this one.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Do not date anyone right now. If the ex wants to get back together I suggest before you do you sit down and talk and take your time before you make another commitment, as far as the other guy just be friends for now and see how it goes.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2008