Theoretical question

Let's say you have a job. The pay is decent, the benefits are really good, but you are not satisfied and you seemed to have advanced as far as you possibly can (without going for a management position, which you don't qualify for anyway). You get a job offer from another company, the pay is about the same, the benefits are ok but not as good as your current job, but there is room for advancement and the work is completely different from what you're used to. What do you choose?

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd write a pros and cons list for both. In the end, I think I'd choose the one that would make me feel like I was more fulfilled. For me, that would mean room for advancement.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 12:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Something that is fulfilling and will make you happy.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Personally I don't like change, so I'd stay.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would go with the offer from another company with the same pay, reduced benefits , but are still able to advance in your career.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yeah I hate change, but for a chance to advance I would say I have to go for it. I would ask if there is any way they can match what I have currently.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'd choose the job that would make me most happy, with benefits AND room for advancement.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• something that is more fulfilling. good luck.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think for me, it would depend partially on the benefits. That's a big seller to me. Right now, the company I'm with has excellent maternity leave benefits (much better than they were when I had my son--they changed the year after) and since I want another baby, it motivates me to stay.

I don't have any opportunities coming up, I was just curious what most people would choose if such an opportunity arose.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010