Birth Control? adult content

What is a good birth control that I don't have to take EVERY day and that is effective? Please no bashers telling me to keep my legs shut. I have been on the Mirena, it caused PID, so those don't work...

Hezekiahs_mom

Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 12:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• condoms have always been the best for me for not having to remember every day plus they have no side effects.

I personally don't trust the non-everyday hormonal stuff. Higher side effects from some, and like the ring or patch, I don't trust my own body's ability to absorb it correctly.

It's taken some getting used to and several months of forgetting, but I have made my BC pills part of my routine and it hasn't been a problem at all. It's just a matter of getting in the habit. I take it at bedtime with my sleep aide that I take for my insomnia, which is something I don't forget to take. A friend of mine has her watch set to beep at her to take hers, so there are ways to get in the habit of taking them, so don't just say NO to them.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• try nuvaring you insert it once a month, you can't feel it, it's a low dose of hormones, easy to put in and take out...also theres ortho evra which is the patch. i never had a bad reaction to it and i was on it for years but some women do cause it's a very high dose of hormones...those are the two i'd say....don't do the bc shot, it's not reliable
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thanks =]
    Hezekiahs_mom

Comment by Hezekiahs_mom (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• 'm using Cu 250 iud,pills i hate first b'coz i may forget them,second b'coz they r loaded with hormones
    A11

Answer by A11 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010