hubby looking at porn on comp while I'm out? adult content

two of the kids are outside, one is sleeping he says.

Ok, or worth flipping over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• 1) Is there any chance the kids would see the porn because of where the computer is located?

2) Would him being on the computer when two of the kids are outside and one is asleep be a safety issue, or should he have been paying attention to the kids instead of being on the computer?

If the answer to either of those questions is yes, it's worth flipping over. If you're just mad that he's watching porn, it's not.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 12:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• was he watching it somewhere if a child had walked in they would have seen anything? if so then THAT is worth being disturbed over. He should not be doing that when he is in charge of the kids on his own and they could walk in. other than that i dont see an issue. but i dont know if this is something you guys had agreed neither of you would get in to
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Not cool. He should be keeping an eye on the kids not watching porn...I would be pissed!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• ummm no....two of the kid are outside? what if something happens to them and they get hurt....hes gonna feel like shit knowing somethign happened to them while he was watching porn.....one sleeping.
    Seriously, he can't find something else to do in the meantime?! like play outside with his kids or clean something? I've told my husband that if he wants to watch porn its ok, if he does he'll do it when we're all sleeping or atleast the kids...what if they walk in and see what hes watching. I'd def talk to him about it.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It depends, are you okay with porn? If you are ok with porn, were the kids outside of age to be outside no supervision? Could they have walked in? I would personally be bothered but it depends on your own opinion of porn among other things.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree with the pp that while in charge of the kids that it's a NO NO!
    My s/o was looking at porn while i was gone a few weeks ago, but no kids were home, and he has no clue I know. Lets just say a birdie told me! I hate that he looks at porn, even though I know all men do. I am a severely jealous person by nature, and him looking at porn makes me feel like I'm not good enough, or doing enough to satisfy him. So I would prob. be upset over it if I were u, ok I'm still upset and this happened on the 4th. He doesn't know I know, and for now and maybe forever it will stay that way. I'd rather him be looking at porn then going out and getting it else where, but it still makes me feel like less of a woman, i guess is what I'm getting at!
    Ask him if he would be ok with you looking at porn when he's not home, and with the kids in the house, see what he says! Other than that I have no real advice cuz I can't even confront my own!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 12:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't like it, but I don't know if it's something to get extremely mad about. I'd talk to him about it, and let him know you don't approve.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would be mad its different to do on own time but when your in charge of watching the kids no way..i would talk to him and make it clear you don't like it and why
    melvinandtoro

Answer by melvinandtoro at 12:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• to me its a problem if the kids are around. If its it late and Im in bed and not givin it up----hey go for it. But during the middle of the day while the kids could walk in at any moment---I draw the line. Also when he puts viruses on the computer because of it. I had to buy a new computer. he got chewed out for that shit. He is stuck with two sites now he can go to to prevent it from happening again. lol
    shesahophead

Answer by shesahophead at 1:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• tell him to watch it at night with you or when the children are not at home.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010