Have you ever noticed that when you just throw your food in the pot or skillet and throw a couple seasonings on it , turn the fire on and walk away and dont keep checking on it or take the time you usually do to spice it up right , that food turns out better

if you want to list that particular food go ahead

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 12:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I never follow a recipe and I always just throw things into a skillet or pot and it is wonderful...what I need to do is start writing things down because I will invent something out of this world and my husband will ask if I wrote down the ingrediants because he wants what I made again and very soon, lol
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I dont follow recipes. I just spice it with whatever sounds good at the moment
    LadyJewel0919

Answer by LadyJewel0919 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i dont mean like recipes i mean like when you cook off the top of your head lets say you usually throw 6 things in to make it real good but on this particular day you use 3
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• yes I can start out by browning up some boneless chicken breasts, not knowing what I want to do with them I add parsley and onion powder then think about adding frozen veggies then suddenly I'm adding rice and water to the mix...the end result is a stir fry
    I'm always frying up burger and turning into something new that nobody has ever had...frozen hashbrowns are easy to make into something new and fun to eat...I'm always doing different things in the kitchen it shakes up my day a bit since I'm here 24/7
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• @TOGO90210 YOU'RE GOOD WITH COOKING I SEE I LOVE TO COOK TOOI' ALWAYS THINKING OF A NEW WAY TO COOK SOMETHING
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Less is more where cooking is concerned.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes.
    It's a phenomenon I'll never understand!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No, it just turns out burnt for me.
    The more time I put into it, the more time I spend tending to it, it turns out better.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010