What kind of angry are you? What do you do when you get upest or frustrated. How do you handle it. Have you ever had an anger problem...what helped you?

shesahophead

Asked by shesahophead at 12:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well with my son if I feel like I am starting to lose my temper, I try to walk away for a few minutes and calm down.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• when I was 13 I had anger management classes. I was a very angry child but I grew up a foster kid and didn't have my parents, now if I'm angry I leave or go into a room by myself and cry. I do yell and sometimes curse, alot of times I go to my husband and he'll help me with whatever I need but sometimes I just go off. After spending a little bit of time by myself I calm down. Sometime I tell my kids,"not right now I'm mad" and they leave me alone.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I walk away and sometimes I work out after a rough day and this makes me come back down I never stuff anything. This helps to have a center and a control of what goes on in it. Anger can be a positive thing with control and a physical outlet.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm the bottle it in and say "it's fine!" about a hundred times then explode.

I am also a destroyer when mad. Punching walls, tearing up papers, ripping clothes, breaking glass, etc. Buying my own house did make me not want to punch holes in the walls though! I now just go outside and punch the pillars on the porch.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I am bi-polar so anger has been an issue at times in my life, quick to go to red hot pissed in a flash. i did 6 weeks anger management groups a few years ago and got a lot of good coping mechanisms to keep myself in check
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• sati---- what kind of tools? I'm bi polasr as well, and I try and use the tools i've learned over my 13 years of thearapy, but anger is the one that still gets me, i mean it just swarms over me and i'm in it. I try walking away, but my anxiety and anger work hand in hand to tear me down. lol I just need some new techniques.
    shesahophead

Comment by shesahophead (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I become completely quite so that my anger doesn't get targeted to some innocent person,but after the anger has subsided i am back to my normal self.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm a crier, if I'm realllly mad over something I just can't hold the tears back. I'm very passive and I don't yell or scream, but for some reason I blubbler like a baby lol.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2010