OK this is the point of my poll on abortion vs. smoking.

Out of the answers I got I have this out come...
The biggest group was pro choice on both smoking and abortion - 24
The second biggest group was Pro choice anti-smoking - 12
Then pro life anti- smoking - 7
As well as pro life pro choice smoking - 7

Does any body else find an ironic twist on this out come? Ok the biggest anti smoking group is pro choice. This is ironic. It is ok for one to choose not to own up to the responsibilities of sex/ or to kill a baby, However it is not ok for one to choose to kill their lungs, as so many believe. You can with out a shadow of a doubt prove abortion kills a living thing no matter what you call it. How ever they have not been able to prove any farther than smoking may/ could/ or might cause these problems. However more are against smoking than abortion?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yes, I do find it a bit ironic when it's all written out like that.

Not to offend anyone but why can't smokers choose to smoke but anyone can choose to have a baby?

I'm personally a pro-choice smoker though. Everyone has a right to their own body IMHO.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• chopped head

sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You poll my be a little off, because what exactly does anti-smoking mean to those who answered? Did they mean they think smoking should be banned completely? Did they mean they only have a problem with smoking done around them or their children? Did they mean they don't care who smokes, but that they themselves do not?

Also, I think you'll find that most people who consider themselves to be pro-choice are for political reasons (i.e. keeping the government off women's bodies) not because they think abortions are the best thing since sliced bread.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• There is a huge difference in ingesting smoke filled with all those things and using those things individually.
    Also, abortion does kill, no denying that IMO, however your choice to have an abortion does not infringe upon me. Someone smoking cigs near me has PROVEN to increase my chances of lung cancer due to 2nd hand exposure.
    I'm pro choice about abortions, but keep your cancer sticks out of my face!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• they have therapy for things like this. I think you might want to step away from the keyboard for a bit. you are kinda bent on this topic and notin a healthy way
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Secondly, As I pointed out the words used on all smoking warnings are could/ might/ and may. Not will. Point check, not proven.

There is a reason for that. The only way to scientifically prove that anything causes cancer would be to raise a group of humans from birth in a controlled environment where they are regularly and intentionally exposed to the carcinogen, and then compare the results to a second group of humans raised from birth in complete isolation. That's inhumane. There is enough corollary evidence that the lack of outright scientific "proof" is not necessary.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Oh, and its your right to kill yourself by smoking. By all means, go ahead. In the privacy of your own property.
    Just because YOU don't think they are that harmful doesn't mean they aren't and me, nor my children should be subjected to it.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Right because what cig company wants to ADMIT they are selling you cancer? Lmao! Sounds like your kinda bent.
    Fact is, cigs are bad, mmmky. And comparing smoking to abortion is laughable. For many reasons!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• banging head into wall

sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Smoking can also cause death to innocent bystanders. Abortion is sad, yes. But it affects, the mother doing it, the child moving onto a better place and a higher power. That's it. Your choice to kill yourself w/ cigs also harms other people.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2010