Are u REALLLY protective ? adult content

I was just wondering if any of u were super protective over your kiddos? I know I am . She is 2 & my whole world. Some times I will think about her going to school with out me ...Which I know is a fact of life but it just scares me to think of a kid being mean to her. I have considered home schooling her. I just love her so much that I cant even think about some one being mean to her or treating her bad. She is super out going so I know she would do fine. Its just me . N e one else like that or am I weird? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol im the same way my friends and fam always tease me. my oldest son is ten and he is just now being able to go to other friends houses and play outside wo me. but even at that i have to know the parents where they live and have their number and i give them mine and make my son have a cell phone and when he plays outside he has to have his phone and come back and chieck in about every 30 mins lol it's all good.
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I am....If we go outside I tell my kids "If I can't see you, you shouldn't be over there....if your too far you shouldn't be over there." I never let my kids go outside and play with out my husband or I. My girls are starting school next month and it scares me tooo death, we did mommy and me preschool were you go with your child and it was great it helps them with the transition but I just couldn't. If we leave them at home, I make sure to call atleast once an hour. I think I have more separation anxiety then them. My oldest is a lover not a fighter and it scares me that if someone is mean to her or pushes her she'll just lay there crying, I've had nightmares about it...about her getting her hair pulled and het just sitting in the fetal position crying. ughh, and with the bullies in school and some of the teachers not doing anything it scares me, my daughter was born with a cancerous birthmark on her face and it' was pretty...
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes I dont let anyone watch my kids except Family, and when I say family I mean Like Grandmas, and Greatgrandma, and my husband's Sister and Cousin(both very responsible) for their age.

Part of it for is if the person is going to follow through with the same discipline, and love, and beliefs I have.

But yes In stores like it creeps me out at the thought of like anyone especially if I get a weird vibe off them talking, or looking at my son.. and My son is like beautiful.. like Model beautiful(not just my opinion but everyone I meet) which makes him more ceceptable for bad people.

I obsess over the thought of losing him like evening when the house is locked I know he is safe at the meer thought of someone taking him or kidnapping, I would rather him die then for someone else to kidnap him and brainwash him.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• How much protective you might be,ultimately she has to face the world all alone(we can never be around them forever).Start exposing her outside otherwise she would seek you at every level of her life,& it 'll become unmanageable.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• big, they've done surgery on it and have removed alot but she still has a scar a pretty big scar so its noticeable and people always ask her and she responds it's my birthmark but I can see the look on her face as well. I know that her birthmark does not define her, but society and kids are sooo mean sometimes.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes and no. Being protective also means being protective of giving my child opportunities to learn and grow. That means not hovering over every move, allowing him to fall and to sometimes risk being hurt. I don't mean letting your two year old climb a huge oak tree, but letting her climb the playground or play/interact with other kids without stepping in unless they are physically threatening her safety. Kids learn how to deal with school by what they learned before they started school. I supervise my three year old, arrange playdates and send him to preschool. I made sure his school is the place I want his learning place to be and our home is child proofed for his age and developmental level. But I also love him so much I am willing to let him make his own mistakes.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I definitely know where you are coming from. I am very over protective myself. They only person allowed to even keep my children is my mother. When my son, now 8, started kindergarten, I cried...all day. Not just because I was worried about him, but also because having been together all the time and then him being gone like that it was like losing my right arm. Without him, I totally didn't know what to do with myself. Honestly though, him going to school HELPED me loosen up. I still worry a lot, but I'm not a "helicopter mom" anymore. You really just get to the point where you HAVE to start allowing them to experience the world on their own. You can't protect her for the rest of her life, but you can still be there to comfort her if she does have a bad day. She's gonna be just fine.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 7:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yep, I am a very over protective mom and I will gladly wear the helicopter mom badge. I homeschool my kids as well.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010