Would you be a surrogate?

I didnt know what topic to place this under so I pick this for the belief part...
My question is....Would you ever be a surrogate to a family member if you were asked to or would that get too complicated? Pls tell me what you think about this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It depends on who for. There are a couple people I would do it for: my little sister, and my sister-in-law (who has also been my best friend since starting high school). I would do it for them, no questions asked. Aside from those two ladies, no, I don't think I could. I don't think I could carry a baby for someone who was not close to me, and then be able to hand over that baby.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I could not do it. There is no way that you could carry a baby and not get ttached to him or her. The child inside you is not biologically yours, but you are the one carrying him or her and you are letting him or her grow. Your body goes through all the physical and emotional changes as if you were pregnant with your own biological child. There is no way you could not bond with that little one kicking you amd rolling around in your belly.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I've already offered to be a surrogate to my sister if she needs it. She had ovarian cysts rupture on her that left minimal scarring on her uterus so it may affect her chances to become pregnant
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes I could and I've wanted to. I think it would be a great gift to someone.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I couldn't do it, not even for my best friend or my siblings. I just couldn't let the baby go. I've heard some people do it by telling themselves from the start that this isn't their child, but I know I wouldn't be able to separate the feelings.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would. My brother in law and his long time girlfriend won't be able to carry. She has a rare problem like MS called Bichette's. She's blind from it (went blind at 12) and has been on a cocktail of drugs trying to treat it most of her life. If they needed a surrogate - I would.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I've offered to do it for my sister, too. She's got ovarian cysts and IBS. I've also offered her an ovary if they ever figure out how to transplant those. I'm done with mine.
    Babujai

Answer by Babujai at 2:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Yes I would do it if I could.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I think it's a wonderful opportunity to help bless someone but I wouldn't be able to. Having life grow inside me and realize that life won't be apart of my family ~ too emotional. Besides, I'm a strong advocate for adoption because of all the thousands of children that are just wanting a loving home. We should look out for them first (in my opinion).
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 10:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Sure... if they paid well enough and I felt they were going to be decent parents... I wouldn't do it forsomeone I wouldn't give my own kids to for an hour...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2008