If you were commissioned to paint a picture entitled, "Creating Peace," describe your art.

I believe I would paint a picture to capture the beauty of an early morning sunrise as it peeks over a mountaintop and rises above the morning fog's embrace of the trees, its light streaming through the branches, then onto an open field of flowers and across the rippling waters of a stream curving through the land. Watching the sun break a new day is always peaceful.

SouthernLady7

Asked by SouthernLady7 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The Cross of Calvary. Nothing on earth can bring peace like Jesus can. Although it was a violent, ugly scene, it's the only reason that we can be free from sin, and have the peaceful security of eternity with Jesus in Heaven.

If I only had one song that I can sing you
    One more story I could tell before I leave
    If I only had one message I could bring you
    There's no question it would be

About the cross,
    About the blood,
    About the place I found
    His mercy and love
    And, though it's bittersweet
    remembering the cost
    There's something beautiful,
    About the cross
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• honestly, I'd have to go with a picture of a baby being born. New life and teaching that new life about being peaceful is the only way we will ever achieve piece. Cliche but "the children are our future"
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It made me think of a little old lady knitting (outdoors in her rocking chair) in the upper half of the canvas, and her yarn creates a scene below her, which is separated by the blanket or whatever she is working on. The lady's upper half is larger in scale, and the bottom half has many more details, like she is creating the peaceful scene below her, but unaware of it. I would make the yarn morph into a scene of all kinds of dreamy, folk tale-like things. Butterflies, hummingbirds, flowers, cool old trees, little girls in old-fashioned dresses running, a little boy fishing in a pond. Weird, but that is what it made me think of! =)
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010