is she too young to appreciate it?

My husband, me, and our 2 1/2 year old daughter are going to California next month. We are planning on going to Disneyland. I was just wondering if she is too young to appreciate it? She absolutely adores tinker bell and other disney movies. She also likes rides at fairs and things. Oh and any tips on traveling with a child this age would be great. Thanks. P.S. its about a 12 hour drive.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 1:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am sure she will love going but she is a bit young to appreciate it the way an older child would.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would think so. Although I can't speak for California, as I have only been to the one in Florida, but it seems like it's going to be awfully difficult for you to do anything as a family. She's probably going to be too young for the rides that you all want to go on together. But, that's just a thought.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no, I think shes the perfect age...and they have rides for kids there....you can go on most of them with her if she gets scared, like the dumbo one, I'm not sure if you'll be able to do pirates og the caribbean and indiana jones with her but theres alot to do at Disneyland! It's Disneyland! I'm sure she'll have fun...

P.S I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i would think shes to young...shes not gonna remember it all..im takin my daughter when shes 8..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• NO! my son went right before he turned 2 to Disney World and LOVED it. My daughter got to go with my MIL when she was 2 1/2 and OMG She loved it!
    Sure she might not remember in 30 years what she did at Disney when she was 2 1/2 but for right now and for the next while she will and that's all that really matters.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• OH heck no! my just turned 2 yr old is begging to go back, he keeps singing the "Pirates of the Carribean" song! But older bro is starting regular school so I let my passes lapse. Not to mention she gets in free!!!!!!
    yo_ho

Answer by yo_ho at 1:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My son at 4 has not been to Disneyworld. He will go when he fully enjoy it and remember it. I want him to remember big trips like that.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You only have one life to live.... LIVE it!!!!!!!!!! Take your 2 year old to Disney and you will all enjoy it! My 2 year old has been several times and that's all she ever talks about. Have fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2010