If you live in the hot, sweltry south, what kind of plants can you keep alive in your garden? I don't have much of a green thumb.

So far about the only thing I can keep alive seems to be ye old monkey grass, boxwoods, purslane flowers, and rosemary. That's about it, y'all. Do you know of anything with color that's heat tolerant and waterwise? In other words, I pretty much need a miracle plant that I can stick in the ground and forget. Am I asking too much?

SouthernLady7

Asked by SouthernLady7 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I have plenty of them growing in my back yard, they're called weeds! giggle. Sorry can't actually help you, the things I want to grow don't & the ones I don't want to have taken over. I'm starting to embrace the weeds & trim them instead! W/ all the other things I have going on I've developed a "can't beat em, join em" mentality when it comes to yard work. GL on your search!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010