I didn't know I was pregnant?

When I was pregnant with my first child I used to always watch those "I didn't know I was pregnant" specials...how terrifying.

Anyway...the palms of my hands and soles of my feet have been itching and on fire for the last few days. I've literally peed 6 times in the last 2 hours like a racehorse. My sleep schedule has been so messed up since about the same time all this started...my mother said that when she was pregnant there was so much weight on her gall bladder it would make her itch like crazy. And I peed ALOT when I was pregnant the first time, and I could never get comfortable so I lost alot of sleep at night. I've been having a regular period, on birth control, etc. There are other symptoms like back pain nausea awhile ago mood swings and headaches...like the first time. But all the tests came up negative.

Anyone have any support, advice or stories to tell that'd be great! Cus I feel like I'm living the episode.

queeeeeenb

Asked by queeeeeenb at 1:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have an IUD in and I felt pregnant about two months ago. Nausea, I even vomitted twice... tiredness.. etc.. and tests came back negative. I scheduled a womanly exam, and the guy said everything looked good... so still not sure what it is.. prolly just stress.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• if its really bothing you go get a blood test done
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 1:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• if you think you could be pregnant, test.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I've taken three at home tests, three pee tests at the doctor, and one blood test. Negative every time. But with my first child all the tests came out negative too. Only one came out positive and by then I was three months!
    queeeeeenb

Comment by queeeeeenb (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• In this case, I would be taking prenatals and 'acting' as if I were pregnant until you got your period. If you're still having periods, you could still be preggo, my mom had regular periods the whole time with one of her 8 pregnancies. ... In that case, ask for an ultrasound to ease your mind.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would keep on testing, especially if you had the same experience with your first. I would also stop taking your birth control just in case.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2010