Chicken Pox after the Vax?

My best friends son is 4 months younger than mine. they are best friends too! Anyways she said he was having an allergic reaction to something. So I went over there anyways for our weekly playdate and it looks like chicken pox to me! He is covered in red spots and some look like bites. He had his Vax, as did my son, but I was just wondering....

has your child got the chicken pox after they had the Vax?!?!?!

colorsofgrey

Asked by colorsofgrey at 1:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they usually get the chicken pox after the vaccine to some degree.

its a pointless vaccine... one of many. sorry even a lot of pediatricians will say that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I didn't want to give him pointless vaccinations but my hubby talked me into geting that one. And I'll be pissed if my DS gets it. And what if I get it?!?!?! OMG I am freaking out-
    colorsofgrey

Comment by colorsofgrey (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• None of my kids have had CP but they've received the vax when each have been old enough- my 5 yr old son recently had some strep like symptoms and was put on Amoxicillian- the next morning he had tiny red dots all over his body. I thought CP at first, but after reading up on a few things, his condition was negative for strep, so they said it may be viral. Some viruses leave the body with different types of rashes. If the child hasn't had their booster for CP, it could be possible. Weak dose, or natural immunity to the vax....probably rare, but could be possible.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sometimes it's better for them to build a natural immune system against chicken pox. Vaccines don't always protect you from everything. Sometimes they make your body and health more vulnerable to such things.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:14 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• it could also just be a rash or hives from a fever or allergies.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• if your child gets it im sure hell be fine, its better to get chicken pox when they are litle and build immunity to it. have you ever gotten chicken pox in your life ?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I supposidly go tthem when I was around 2 but my mom says I only got them on my rear-end and on one leg. She didn't even take me to the doctor. lol. I know it's alot better for our children to get them now than later, but it is still frustrating. What if it wasn't the CP that I had. And I know that it's all in my head but I am so itchy.

Just pray for out little men, and me-lol, that we don't get the CP!!!
    colorsofgrey

Comment by colorsofgrey (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i will but even if you didnt get the chicken pox for him, he may have gotten it either way.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I got the chicken pox after being vaccinated. No vaccine will protect you 100% from getting the disease it is supposed to protect against. My child's pediatrician said that CP vax is mostly to reduce the severity of scarring. I didn't get my child vaccinated against it.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My daughter got measels on Christmas day after getting the vax 2 weeks earlier. Not too sure about chicken pox, but that's what I thought it was at first until I looked through my medical assisting book and saw the pics of measels. If there are a ton of spots very close together that kind of look like a heat rash it very well could be measels. Yes they are contagious but only for 24hrs after the breakout. There isn't much you can do for either except give them tylenol and place a cold washrag on the spots. If it is chicken pox it will last between 5-8 days and be contagious for up to 2 weeks. For measels the spots can last up to 5 days but are only contagious for 24-48 hours after they appear. Did your friend take her child to the dr? If so what did they say? If not she should if they still have them just to be sure as to what it is. GL and hope this helps.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010