Has anyone gone through a real nervous breakdown? Help adult content

This is my year.. Jan still sleeping with the now ex husband who i knew for a face was sleeping around on me.. meet wonderful guy. Got rid of ex.. got my first real place, screwed that up.. lost the new car .. court all the time and to put icing on it all.. my father not only survived an 80% faital brain anyursim and survive.. I can't see him. Yeap step bitch band me from him because I have too much control (legall)

So I am going cray. Can't sleep .. wanna sleep.. get fat.. get skinny.. wanna eat .. don't even like the thought of foood.. can't remember shit half the time... doing dumb crap like a teeenager.. just outtta control. Doc is full awaare and medicating me but how do you make it stop.. meds aren't stoping it. just making it less likely that there won't be a note in the am.

Jess22877

Asked by Jess22877 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know.... maybe talk to a different Dr and get a second opinion...
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• meds alone are not gonna stop this. you need therapy to help work through it and gain some coping skills as well. oh honey i am sorry you are going through this hell.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You've got to give it some time, slow down, and try very hard to focus. Not 100% of the time, maybe not even 10% of the time. But the most important thing is to NOT GIVE UP trying to get better. Meds should help, but they aren't a miracle. Therapy should also help, but again, not right away. Getting over a depression takes a tremendous amount of work, and when you aren't feeling your best, who has the energy to work? Just don't give up hope that things will get better, maybe not today, maybe not this year. But if you keep working at it and honestly want to improve your life, it can happen. It happened for me - and it was hell. It took a long time, and I still struggle sometimes. But I am SO GLAD I was too stubborn to give in, at least for the long haul. Some days you just gotta give in and put the covers over your head and wait it out til tomorrow. Big hugs to you.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• What the 2 before me said & this: take 10 deep breaths & focus on taking these breaths, turn off the computer & noise & really breathe. Take time to focus on you, do something you find relaxing where your mind is occupied. For me its a book in the tub. There's always going to be trials in life & frankly the older I've gotten the worse these times have been. There's always gonna be stress & stupid ppl & ppl that hurt you. What you can control in life is how you react to it, that's it, that's the only thing you have any control over. How you emotionally react to any given situation. You can decide whether or not you want to expend your energy being upset about it or letting it go. Start by not reacting to the stupid little stuff like the guy who cuts you off in traffic. Instead of yelling think "Well he must be having a worse day then me" & let it go. cont
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• This then can get turned into being able to turn off the big stuff like step mom for a bit so you can unwind. A constant state of stress is only going to make you sick & age you. Stop letting her kill you! Only you can take care of you & you have to start. Do yoga, journal, whatever makes you focus on you in a positive way. When you feel better about yourself you'll handle others much better too! Oh & stop using food to escape, when you wanna eat, exercise, I know easier said than done, just do it!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Medication combined with counseling, either individual or group, are highly effective. Counseling teaches you different ways to cope with everyday issues. It's certainly worth the investment in self to go!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thank you all so far for your comments. I do yoga.. ( love wii fit )... I don't overeat.. (had a weight issue.. okay have) and the nearest appointment for therapy is the 18th of August. Nice right... where have the summer has gone out the window.. I have child support this afternooon... so that's one less thing I will have on my mind after this afernoon. He won't be able to mess with not giving me anything anymore.. at least with that ..
    Jess22877

Comment by Jess22877 (original poster) at 6:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010