Babysitter.

The other night me and my husband went to a concert but we coulnt brin the kids so we had a babysitter come over and watch them. The babysitter was a 16 year old boy that has lived next door to us for about 2 years. He is very responsible and I trust him and I always have. Any time we went out of town for more than a couple days he always watches the house. Before we left I told him all three kids already ate dinner and they can have a snack around 8:00 but then no more an I told him all three kids (4 yr old daughter and 6 yr old twin son and daughter) all needed to take a bath and needed to be in bed by 9:00. I don't know I it was a good idea to have him give my kids a bath. The next day I asked the kids EVERYTHING they did and they said they watched a movie, had a snack, took a bath, then went to bed. I asked them about the bath and they said they all took a bath together and he stayed in there With them. Should I be worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• a 4 yr old and 2 six yr olds- I would be pissed if someone put them in the bath and didn't stay in the room. If you trust him, why the sudden doubt? of course- if he stayed IN THE BATH...that's a little different! If he's a good kid, and the kids didn't say anything bad or out of the ordinary happened, don't worry about it. Next time, just skip the bath part.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I personally wouldn't be worried. He's a male, first of all, they don't have the most common sense in the world to begin with, and secondly, unless he has a lot of younger brothers and sisters or nephews or something he might not know a lot about things like bathing kids. He probably just did what he felt was right - and easiest, (hence why he had them all bathe together.) He probably felt it was "safer" for him to be in the room with kids in regards to them being near water, and can't say I blame him - leaving kids alone with water, especially younger ones, can be risky.

If you usually let the kids bathe alone, then just explain to him to leave the door open or cracked and check on them once in awhile, rather than needing him to sit in there the whole time, if you have him sit again.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Next time just bathe them before you leave just to be on the safe side.

Also, it would prevent an accident if the kids would slip and fall hurt themselves in the tub.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010