what are some smell good ideas for my home?

I only like natural smells (such as: citrus/orange, pine, cedar, etc.) the other perfumey smells make me sick! Other than just regular spray air freshener (I use pine by the way-stocked up at Christmas) what other suggestions. I also use to use cedar Pledge but they stopped carrying it!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 2:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• bake some cookies instead - yummy smell!
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Lemon
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• definetly lemon!!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I use wallflowers from Bath and Body works...you can get them in every scent these days. www.bathandbodyworks.com Pretty inexpensive, but I plug them in the night before company comes for a fresh burst of scent. If I leave them plugged in all the time I stop smelling them in a week or so. Also you can buy these metal rings that are grooved and go over your lightbulbs; there's a special oil you buy and put a few drops in the groove and the light heats up the oil which will fragrence a whole room in just a few minutes. Works great, but a little hard to find. :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• anything linen or fresh cotton. mmmmm...I use linen spray on anything fabric and burn fresh linen scented candles/wax. Also, BBB has these cedar blocks that you can put in your closet for the smell and other reasons. You could also hide them elsewhere. Get a wax tart burner...there are like a million scents (including cedar I think)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If you buy stick cinnamon and boil it in water on your stove for a bit, it makes your house smell like Xmas or cookies. And it's totally natural!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i use apple and cinnamon air wick sented oils, they just plug in to the outlets
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I am more organic and natrual mommy so I would say try some Mint Plants! You can go to Home Depot, Lowes, or any Garden place and buy a Mint plant, it smells nice and it repels mice and bugs!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I boil a pan on my stove in the fall and winter that has cinnamon sticks, clove, orange peel, and water in it!!! It smells wonderful! I can also put it in a tart burner or a mini-crock pot for hours! Makes the house smell soooooo "homey"!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Essential oils and a diffuser
    OneBlessedWife

Answer by OneBlessedWife at 2:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2010