Can a single mother get section 8 if she is a fulltime student and has no job?

I need living spaces asap and I was told by a friend that a single mother could get section 8 even if she is a full time student just a little question I wanted an answer to be comfirmed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• i think she has to be getting SOME type of income because section 8 is sliding scale i believe
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• call your local housing authority. good luck.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• yes, you can get section 8 the issue is there is usually a waiting list - several years long!!! However, if you find where you can immediately get section 8 tell me cuz I'll move there LOL

Your best bet is probably more a subsidized apartment complex that is based on your income. they seem to have faster turnover than an individual unit that takes section 8.

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I can show you how to make enough money so you will not have to worry about section 8 housing.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 1:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010