i have a 2 and a half month old how do u reccommend me getting her to sleep and keeping her asleep?I swaddle her feed and change her before bed and rock her she could be in a dead sleep and the moment i put her down shes wide awake! Im soo tired

christina10140

Asked by christina10140 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Plz let me also know if you find out the solution.Mine seven months baby can sleep 2hrs at a stretch & I'm looking for solution to the issue.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The only thing tha worked for me was sleeping next to her on my own bed. (A lot of people are probably going to give me crap about cosleeping but oh well)
    She'd still wake up but fell right back asleep without crying.
    Then again I was 17 (two years ago) and i hated her father, so i was only sharing my bed with her, so there was room lol.
    and fyi
    she had no problem transferring to her crib when she was 6 months :)
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 2:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Actually simply madness I was going to suggest co sleeping also! I propped my right arm up w/ a pillow so I could hold my dd for the 1st couple of months. When she got bigger & started moving around the bed I put her on the opposite side of my hubby so he wouldn't squish her. I think of the middle as the most dangerous place bc of the weight difference. Think about what happens when you set the remote on the bed then you get on. The remote falls into you cuz you weigh more & sink the mattress more. They have some great sleep positioners if you're super worried but I never needed em for my little one. Sleep w/ her now & worry about transitioning her to her bed when you & her are sleeping more. Right now its more important that you get sleep, not where it happens. Hang in there, soon she'll want to sleep on her own.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I sued the no-cry-sleep-solution with both of my kids - - you can find information on it online. It was a gentle way of doing sleep training, and the end result is that I have a toddler and a preschooler who both go to bed wide awake and fall asleep on their own, without mommy or daddy in the room trying to coax them to sleep and sneak out ;) We started with my oldest when she was 10 months old, and it took about 2 weeks. With my son I started at 4.5 months and it took closer to 3 weeks.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I meant used - not sued :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• after she falls asleep, keep rocking her slower and slower for 20 minutes (this gets them deeper in) (and try to keep her horizontal while you're doing it). then slowly put her down, but don't let go. then keep just your hand on her tummy. then just hover your hand over her tummy. then sneak away.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• make sure she is in deep sleep before puttngbdown and babies sleep better with activity not alone in quiet.

we cosleep with a sidecarred crib for extra room, but we breastfeed so she sleeps right in my arm pit. If you bottlefeed just be sure you practice extra diligent safety and use a cosleeper or sidecarred crib. Breastfeeding pairs sleep differently than bottlefeeding pairs.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Co-sleepng is a lifesaver. There is no way to MAKE them sleep...it really is a matter of you making adjustments.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010