How can I be approved for WIC and Medicad but denied for foodstamps and govt. assistance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i ahve the same problem!!!
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 2:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• WIC is totally different than PA.

im pretty sure the minimum amount is much higher for WIC than it is for PA.

i qualify for medical myself and my So but our daughter doesnt. its dumb sometimes, id rather HER have medical than either of us!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• nvm HA
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• WIC has a completely different income standard. you obviously have too much income or assets to get food stamps or assistance whcih are much LOWER limits
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It depends.
    How old are you?
    Do you support yourself?
    WIC is way more lenient and easy to obtain, and medi-cal/caid is a given if you're pregnant and under a certain age.
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 2:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• each program goes based apont income so may just make too much to get fs but just under for med and wic, i only got 200 in fs
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I know in the past few years, the WIC income guidelines are much higher than anything else. Medicaid has a higher allowence than foodstamps but not real sure as to why. It's all based on income, cost of living for your area, number of people in the household, as well as how much funding is available. Reapply too though. Sometimes they screw things up in the system, and ask your case worker why your denied. They'll tell you if you ask.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Because the guidelines are different.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Wow! Ladies, back away from the computer and Cafemom and go get a job...or a second job! Buy your own food! Cancel the internet and sell your computers! Priorities ladies!!!

You want WIC and Foodstamps? What you need medical coverage AND extra money in your pocket from PA? Cmon! I may sound harsh to some, but you need to change some things in your life if you need all of these.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Isn't MEDICAID Government assistance? I think you already have the help you need...WIC and Medicaid.
    In the meantime, as others say, try to find more of your own sources of income and I would add that getting a College degree or at least an Associates degree in order to get a better job and make more money. You could get educational grants ,financial aid to go to college. It will be better for you if you can move up in your life and support yourself and your kids.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010