Is there anyone who just wants to slap their sisters in the face?

I have 2 older sisters who are like the witches of Eastwick! I can never have a serious conversation with either of them. The criticize everything I so and they are total hypocrites! However, I try my best to be nice, polite, and help them whenever they need it. I consider myself a nice person but sometimes I just wanna slap them! Am I horrible for feeling this way?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• why do you associate with them? i would just not be around them anymore
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No! lol I feel for you. My older sister grabbed me by my neck and forced me down on her couch putting her knee in my chest when I told her I was getting married....I was 20, she was about 30? Yeah, we didn't have a lot to say for about 5 yrs or so...just call them out on their crap. Worse case scenario- they'll stop talking to you for a while...which could be a good thing! lol Good luck! :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I associate with them cuz they are family, and it would break my mothers heart to not associate with them. I have a little problem with speaking up for myself since I am the youngest of 5, I have always done what everyones tell me to and now I am 24, married, have 2 babies and still feel like the baby of the family.
    navajomama7

Comment by navajomama7 (original poster) at 3:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No, all sisters feel that way at some point.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yeah sometimes I feel like that too, but they are my sisters I love them, they are not perfect but neither I am. Thank fully we get along most of the time. I think that you should talk to them and let them know how they make you feel, they have to understand I am sure that they love you.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 4:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• lol my sister is very opinionated and getting worse as she gets older - why is my daughter working full time instead of going to college right now, why are we naming our baby something unusual she doesn't understand that, why doesn't my husband come with me when i visit (one guess lol) etc. when it comes to that crap i don't feel the need to defend myself or anyone else's actions she is questioning. her life would not work for me, but i also don't feel the need to tell her that. when she starts that i pretty much don't react in any way - i just wait for her to shut up. she gets the hint pretty quickly. the couple times i have defended in the past she just wants to argue about what i'm saying anyway. if you feel the need to say something, you can just remind them that what they're saying is simply their opinion, it doesn't make them right and you disagree.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well....my sister and I are pretty close, but my mother treats me like a boil on her behind...does that count?
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I don't want to slap my sister, but I don't really talk to her. She thinks I am a horrible person bc she thinks I dress skanky (I don't, she is just super duper modest), she doesn't like that I listen to secular (non-Christian) music, and she thinks she knows more about kids than I do (I have 2, she has zero). I get tired of her correcting everything I do and letting me know that she knows better, so I don't really talk to her except on the occaisional holiday when I visit.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It sounds like you and I have the same sisters! I made the decision on New Year's to just pretend they've dropped off the face of the earth. Best decision I've made in a long time!! I'm much calmer, less stressed, and my DH and son are happier for it. If they don't like it, it's their problem, not mine!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Every now and then. She is younger and kind of spoiled, thinks she is always right and loves to give advice even when she is not asked for it. But she is my sister and will do just about anything to help a relative or friend. I have just learned to ignore her more irritating moments and go on.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010